Breast feed your child
- Breast-feeding is considered by most to be the preferred method for feeding an infant. It forms a deep bond between mother and child. Breast milk also provides specific nutrients for growing immune system. There is simply no substitute for breast milk.
Make your own natural formula
- There are some natural breast milk formulas that mothers can use. The base is usually soy milk, although rice milk, almond milk or goats milk can also be used.
Find out what your child likes
- It may be beneficial to change the formula periodically and see whether your child prefers something different.
Avoid using a microwave
- Unfortunately, microwaves aren’t very good for heating baby bottles. They tend to heat the formula unevenly which could burn your baby.
Use fresh breast milk or formula
- Formula and breast milk tend to spoil quickly. Keep any unused formula in the refrigerator and use it up at the next feeding.